Performance-based building codes have been regarded as one of the three mayor building regulatory reforms, the others being the development of a single national building code in the early 1990’s and the integration of the plumbing code into the new National Construction Code in 2011. Sadly, what could be the fourth major building regulatory reform (i.e. an accessible means of egress) may not occur for some time.
- Performance-Based Building Codes around the World
- International Fire Engineering Guidelines
- Performance-Based Building Reform
- Benefits of Performance-Based Building Codes
- National Construction Code
- Building Code of Australia Objectives
- Building Code of Australia Performance Hierarchy
- What are Performance Solutions / ‘Alternative Solutions’?
- Building Code of Australia Assessment Methods
- Performance-Based Mind-Set
- Performance Assessment Template
 The Centre for International Economics (CIE), Benefits of Building Regulatory Reform, p.5, http://www.abcb.gov.au/~/media/Files/Download%20Documents/About%20the%20NCC/The%20CIE%20-%20Benefits%20of%20building%20regulation%20reform%20-%20Final%20Report.ashx, viewed 20 September 2015