Direction signage indicating the location of the other means of egress and which accessible means of egress are shall be provided at the following:
- At exits serving a required accessible space but not providing an approved accessible means of egress.
- At elevator landings.
- Within areas of refuge (Section 1007.10).
View other parts of the International Building Code (IBC) accessible means of egress:
- Accessible routes (referred to as continuous accessible paths of travel in some legislation)
- Stairways (including interior exit, interior exit access and exterior exit stairways)
- Elevators (also referred to as passenger lifts in some countries)
- Platform lifts
- Horizontal exits
- Areas of Refuge
- Exterior area for assisted rescue
- Two-way communication
- Accessible signage
- Directional signage
- Where an exit stairway forms part of the accessible means of egress is must include either an ‘area of refuge’or an exterior ‘area for assisted rescue’